- Continuous assessment: weekly performance in practical classes (10%)
- Assessed Practical performance (Week 12) (5%)
- Weekly computer-based quizzes (10 MCQ each) (6% total)
- Written reports based on experimental data (4 reports, total of 2000 words) due thoughout semester (49%)
- 2-hour written final examination held during the examination period (30%)
Students who are absent for more than 20% of practical classes and/or tutorials in this subject might be ineligible for the final exam assessment (coordinator decision).