|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject examines human behaviour at the individual, group and organisational levels. Theories, models and research will be discussed and applied through case studies, syndicate team assignments, experiential exercises and reflection on work experience. Each topic has been selected to help you better manage yourself, other people, groups and organisations.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Understand the link between people management decisions and firm outcomes;
- Use practices to enhance the attraction, selection, development, utilisation and retention of people in organisations;
- Understand how organisational culture and design affect organisational processes and performance, and develop skills in identifying common factors that constrain and facilitate the implementation of change;
- Understand some of the challenges and opportunities of leading a diverse workforce.
- Gain skill in managing team processes and interactions.
- Influence organisational dynamics by applying knowledge on how to shape behaviour in organisations.
Last updated: 29 October 2019