|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject is an introduction to core legal concepts and current legal issues that impact on Australian business. Accordingly, it will provide a basic understanding of the underlying legal basis of many commercial issues which are faced in various facets of business life, ranging from how business enterprises commence and end. It also draws on key legislation and court cases as a means to illustrate the interaction between business and law. The subject also provides a general outline of legal methodology and legal reasoning.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- describe how law is created, applied and enforced in Australia;
- outline the impact of contract law, company law and trade practices law upon commerce;
- identify common legal issues which are found in select business transactions;
- analyse potential legal consequences in specific business situations;
- evaluate when and how lawyers are to be briefed to assist with business transactions.