You’re currently viewing the 2019 version of this subject
|Fees||Look up fees|
This module will explore the application of various spectroscopic techniques (e.g. absorption, emission, CD, K- and L-edge excitations) to transition metal metal complexes.
Intended learning outcomes
- Show an increased knowledge and understanding of the electronic structure of Metal Complexes
- Show an increrased knowledge and understanding of various spectroscopic techniques for the elucidation of the electronic structure of metal complexes (absorption, emission, vibronic structure, CD, MCD)
- application of symmetry to the interpretation of various spectroscopic techniques in order to determine the structure of, for example, metal complexes.
- Advanced problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- An ability to evaluate the professional literature
- An understanding of the changing knowledge base
- An capacity to apply concepts developed in one area to a different context
- The ability to use conceptual models to rationalize experimental observations
Last updated: 29 October 2019