|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject will outline the fundamental steps important to radical chemistry and show how these principles can be used in the synthesis of important molecular frameworks.
Intended learning outcomes
Students completing this subject should be able to:
- Understand the factors responsible for radical stability and reactivity.
- Demonstrate an understanding of important radical reactions and their mechanisms.
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental aspects of organic photochemistry.
- Demonstrate an increased knowledge and understanding of chemical science
- Use investigative skills, critical thought and the ability to evaluate information and to analyse experimental data.
- advanced problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- an ability to evaluate the professional literature
- an understanding of the changing knowledge base
- a capacity to apply concepts developed in one area to a different context
- the ability to use conceptual models to rationalize experimental observations
Last updated: 6 December 2019