You’re currently viewing the 2019 version of this subject
|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject will outline the fundamental steps important to radical chemistry and show how these principles can be used in the synthesis of important molecular frameworks.
Intended learning outcomes
- Understand the factors responsible for radical stability and reactivity.
- Demonstrate an understanding of important radical reactions and their mechanisms.
- Demonstrate an understanding of fundamental aspects of organic photochemistry.
- Demonstrate an increased knowledge and understanding of chemical science
- Use investigative skills, critical thought and the ability to evaluate information and to analyse experimental data.
- advanced problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- an ability to evaluate the professional literature
- an understanding of the changing knowledge base
- a capacity to apply concepts developed in one area to a different context
- the ability to use conceptual models to rationalize experimental observations
Last updated: 29 October 2019