|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 2|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject is an introduction to a range of poetic forms. Students will read poetry from various periods and cultures, with an emphasis on 20th century and contemporary poetry.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should have:
- demonstrated a broad reading with critical understanding and analysis of poetry encompassing various forms and periods;
- drafted and developed poems from a variety of approaches and forms;
- a discerning and independent understanding of poetic conventions;
- the ability to communicate effectively in a range of oral, digital and written formats in relation to contemporary poetry; and
- the ability to interact effectively with peers in a semi-structured group to achieve a shared goal.
At the completion of this subject, students should gain the following generic skills:
- demonstrated sound and independent critical and ethical thinking in their choice of materials and processes; and
- the ability to present written and oral communication to a professional standard regarding their treatment and material choices.