|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 2|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Dance Technique 3 expands on the fundamentals established in Dance Technique 2. Three classes in Contemporary, two in Ballet and one in Yoga provide the platform for further development of technically strong dancers capable of exploring the breadth of artistry within their dance technique. Two classes in both Contemporary and Ballet will be delivered in smaller groups to provide individualized application of training. The remaining classes will be delivered with leading dance industry professionals. Classes facilitate the mastery of exercises and consolidate the understanding of the principles of both techniques concentrating on the refinement of movement skills in more complex movement patterns. Classes continue to highlight the importance of efficient alignment, cardiovascular endurance, expression and musicality.
This subject aims to integrate the conceptual language and practices of the subject Integrated Body Mind Practices and is taken alongside Dance Tech Extension 2.
Intended learning outcomes
- Application of alignment principles, technical accuracy and energy efficiency in the execution of more complex movement phrases in contemporary and ballet technique.
- Ability to organise and direct the body in time and space.
- Ability to direct the body' centre of mass around and away from its axis.
- Development of muscular strength, tone and flexibility.
- Capacity to use visualisation techniques to enhance movement form.
- A strong work ethic (maintenance of self-discipline, concentration and application).
On completion of this subject students should have acquired the following skills:
- The capacity for kinaesthetic awareness
- The ability to move within aesthetic domains
- The facility to dance in particular contemporary movement techniques
- A facility with ballet and contemporary technique
- The application of theory to practice
- The capacity to synthesise data and evaluate information
- Capacities of imagination, transformation, and interpretation
- The ability to perform