|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 3|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Performance Project B is the culmination of the three years of performance training with the creation, production and performance of new and/or extant work dance work as part of the end of year Dance Graduation season. Graduating students will be featured in new work by leading choreographers and/or in repertory works. Performance Project B will provide a variety of performance experiences that will highlight and enhance students’ Interpretative, expressive and physical skills, artistry and sense of embodiment in performance.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject will enable students to:
- Further develop and refine appropriate rehearsal skills, technical and performance skills in the choreographic process of a professional choreographer
- Further enhance the individuals capacity to perform with facility and understanding of embodied performance the choreographic work of a professional choreographer
- Refine the individual’s capacity for working collaboratively and as a member of a team
- Enhance the ability to recognise and work within aesthetic domains
- Enhance the capacity to perform with commensurate strength and cardiovascular endurance
On completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to and effective participation in the creative development and/or rehearsal of dance work resulting in further development of personal technical and performance skills.
- Perform dance work/s with technical clarity, sensitivity, appropriate expression and /or engagement and embodied physicality.