|Fees||Look up fees|
Dance Technique Extension 4 is designed to complement Dance Technique 5 through additional classes, which provide diverse approaches to training and exposure to industry professionals. Students take three dance technique extension classes each week, which serve to broaden the individuals’ experience. Students choose between two classes in Contemporary Dance technique and one in Ballet OR two classes in Ballet and one in Contemporary Dance technique. Classes continue to focus on developing technical expertise and artistry.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject will enable the student to:
- Extend on the understanding of Contemporary and Ballet technique and the objectives of technical training in these genres gained in Dance Technique 4 and 5
- Refine alignment principles, technical accuracy and energy efficiency in the execution of complex movement phrases in contemporary and ballet technique.
- Further apply physical and kinaesthetic knowledge of technical exercises
- Increase their ability to organise and direct the body in space and time
- Direct the body’s centre of mass around and away from its axis in more complex movement patterns
- Develop muscular strength, tone and flexibility
- Utilise visualisation techniques to enhance movement form
- Further develop a strong work ethic
On completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Demonstrate alignment principles, technical accuracy and energy efficiency in the execution of complex movement phrases in contemporary and ballet technique.
- Demonstrate a high level of physical and kinaesthetic understanding of technical exercises
- Demonstrate an increased ability to organise and direct the body in time and space.
- Demonstrate the ability to work off centre and to generate and control momentum through all activities involving weight transference.
- Articulate movement utilising increased control, strength and flexibility
- Demonstrate the capacity to respond and apply feed back, take risks within safe dance practice and be focused in application of the technique
Last updated: 18 December 2020