|Fees||Look up fees|
The aim of this subject is to take the skills developed in ECOM90005 Advanced Econometric Techniques and use them to explore the main techniques for analysing a variety of econometric problems.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Critically evaluate current econometric research published in the top ranking international economic and econometric journals;
- Replicate results from existing econometric research;
- Identify the key arguments and strategies underlying current and existing econometric research.
On successful completion of this subject, students should have improved the following generic skills:
- Evaluation of ideas, views and evidence
- Synthesis of ideas, views and evidence
- Critical thinking
- Application of software to write computer programs to perform econometric tasks
- Statistical reasoning
- Problem solving skills
- Written communication
Last updated: 29 October 2019