|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject provides students with the experience of carrying out research independently on specific topics. The student is required to conduct and present the results of an independent piece of applied econometrics research both orally and as an extended essay.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Work independently on prescribed topics in applied econometrics;
- Identify the bibliographic and data sources relevant to the topics;
- Analyse the literature relevant to the topics;
- Apply appropriate economic and econometric methods of analysis
- Present the results of an independent piece of research orally; and
- Complete a written research report.
- High level of development: written communication; problem solving; application of theory to practice; interpretation and analysis; critical thinking.
- Moderate level of development: use of computer software; accessing data and other information from a range of sources; receptiveness to alternative ideas.
- Some level of development: oral communication; synthesis of data and other information; evaluation of data and other information.
Last updated: 29 July 2022