|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Students undertake 22 days supervised teaching practice and observation in an appropriate TESOL or Languages setting. Teaching practice incorporates appropriate presentation and practice of the target language, both spoken and written; the design, implementation and evaluation of lessons and units of work for students at a variety of language levels, the adaptation of existing materials and development of original work to meet student needs and interests; the assessment and reporting of students' language development; the establishment of collaborative relationships with other staff members and the wider school community and self-reflection and critical evaluation of one's own practice.
This subject has a TESOL or Modern Languages/LOTE focus, according to the course within which the student is enrolled.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Critically appraise and explain the application of current methodologies for an additional language context
- Critique and manage language curricula and resources which are culturally and linguistically appropriate
- Identify and explain implications of the second language acquisition process for learning and teaching
- Critical reasoning and thinking
- Problem solving
- Evidence based decision making
- Creativity and innovation
- Teamwork and professional collaboration
- Self-reflection, career awareness and lifelong learning