Signal Processing (ELEN90058) // Assessment
You’re currently viewing the 2019 version of this subject
About this subject
- Eligibility and requirements
- Dates and times
- Further information
- Timetable(opens in new window)
Please refer to the specific study period for contact information.
- One written examination, not exceeding three hours at the end of semester, worth 70%;
- Continuous assessment of submitted workshop reports and MATLAB-based projects report completed in small groups (2-3 students), not exceeding 25 pages over the semester (approximately 25-30 hours of work per student), worth 20%;
- A one-hour mid-semester test, worth 10%.
Hurdle requirement: Students must pass the written exam to pass the subject.
Intended Learning Outcomes (ILOs) 1 and 2 are assessed in all components. ILOs 3 and 4 are assessed in the continuous assessment.
The examination paper will consist of problems designed to test whether the student has understood the fundamental principles and acquired the ability to apply these principles to the solutions of design and estimation problems. The workshop reports can be produced much more quickly than a crafted essay, and they are expected to have a lighter weighting than an essay of similar length.
Last updated: 3 November 2022