A subject reader will be available.
- The Scarlet Letter (Hawthorne)
- Benito Cereno and Billy Budd (Melville)
- Uncle Tom's Cabin (Beecher Stowe)
- Huck Finn (Twain)
- Collected Poems (Dickinson)
- Daisy Miller (James)
- The Awakening and other Stories (Chopin)
- Walden and Civil Disobedience (Thoreau)
- The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym (Poe)
- The Red Badge Of Courage (Crane)
- Subject notes
Students who have undertaken 673-343 American Classics are not eligible to enrol in this subject.
- Related Handbook entries
- Breadth options
- Available through the Community Access Program
About the Community Access Program (CAP)
This subject is available through the Community Access Program (also called Single Subject Studies) which allows you to enrol in single subjects offered by the University of Melbourne, without the commitment required to complete a whole degree.
Entry requirements including prerequisites may apply. Please refer to the CAP applications page for further information.
- Available to Study Abroad and/or Study Exchange Students
This subject is available to students studying at the University from eligible overseas institutions on exchange and study abroad. Students are required to satisfy any listed requirements, such as pre- and co-requisites, for enrolment in the subject.