A subject reader will be available.
- J. Austen, Northanger Abbey, ed. Claire Grogan (Norton Critical Edition)
- C. Dacre, Zofloya: Or the Moor (OUP)
- M. Lewis, The Monk, World’s Classics, (OUP)
- E. A. Poe, The Selected Writings of Edgar Allan Poe, ed. G R Thompson (Norton Critical Edition)
- A. Radcliffe, The Italian (OUP)
- M. Shelley, Frankenstein, ed. P Hunter (Norton Critical Edition)
- B. Stoker, Dracula, ed. Auerbach & Skal (Norton Critical Edition)
- A. Carter, Heroes and Villains (Penguin)
Films may include:
- F. F. Coppola, Bram Stoker’s Dracula
- F. W. Murnau, Nosferatu: Eine Symphonie des Grauens
- J. Whale, Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein
- Subject notes
Formerly available as 106-277/377 and 106-052 Gothic Fictions. Students who have completed 106-277, 106-377 or 106-052 Gothic Fictions are not eligible to enrol in this subject.
- Related Handbook entries
- Breadth options
- Available through the Community Access Program
About the Community Access Program (CAP)
This subject is available through the Community Access Program (also called Single Subject Studies) which allows you to enrol in single subjects offered by the University of Melbourne, without the commitment required to complete a whole degree.
Entry requirements including prerequisites may apply. Please refer to the CAP applications page for further information.
- Available to Study Abroad and/or Study Exchange Students
This subject is available to students studying at the University from eligible overseas institutions on exchange and study abroad. Students are required to satisfy any listed requirements, such as pre- and co-requisites, for enrolment in the subject.
Last updated: 7 July 2021