- Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales, ed. Boenig and Taylor (Broadview);
- Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, trans. William Vantuono (Notre Dame: University of Notre Dame Press);
- Malory Le Morte D'Arthur: The Winchester Manuscript, ed. Helen Cooper (Oxford Worlds Classics);
- Seamus Heaney, Beowulf: A Verse Translation, ed. Daniel Donoghue (Norton)
- Subject notes
Students who have completed 106-038/670-324 Medievalism in Contemporary Culture and/or 106-053/670-329 Chaucer and the Birth of the Author are not eligible to enrol in this subject.
- Related Handbook entries
- Breadth options
- Available through the Community Access Program
About the Community Access Program (CAP)
This subject is available through the Community Access Program (also called Single Subject Studies) which allows you to enrol in single subjects offered by the University of Melbourne, without the commitment required to complete a whole degree.
Entry requirements including prerequisites may apply. Please refer to the CAP applications page for further information.
- Available to Study Abroad and/or Study Exchange Students
This subject is available to students studying at the University from eligible overseas institutions on exchange and study abroad. Students are required to satisfy any listed requirements, such as pre- and co-requisites, for enrolment in the subject.
Last updated: 17 January 2020