|Fees||Look up fees|
A program of advanced seminars on a current topic in language and cultural studies and/or linguistics and applied linguistics. The topic studied will vary from year to year depending on the availability of staff. Students will gain an in-depth knowledge of the particular topic under consideration, and will analyse and report on their research. Available topics will be posted during Semester two of the previous year.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should:
- be able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of a particular cultural or linguistic topic;
- be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse, and to report on their reading in a manner appropriate to the methodology adopted.
At the completion of this subject, students should:
- be able to communicate knowledge intelligibly and economically: through essay and assignment writing, tutorial discussion and class presentations;
- have developed written communication skills: through essay and assignment preparation and writing;
- have developed public speaking skills and confidence in self-expression: through tutorial participation and class presentations;
- be able to pay attention to detail: through close reading and textual analysis, essay preparation and writing, and examination revision;
- be able to time manage and plan: through managing and organizing workloads for required and recommended reading, essay and assignment completion and revision for examinations.
Last updated: 29 October 2019