|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 2|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
A study of the synergies between the creation of sound and the animated image including music video, visual music, foley and musical effects, mickey-mousing and interpretations, voices and lip-synch. An investigation into its influence, variation and impact on animation in cinema, television, games and other screens.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the creative potentials and impact of the relationship between sound and animation;
- Apply experimental production techniques to express screen-based ideas;
- Demonstrate development in their creativity and technical skills through production.
On completing this subject students will be able to:
- Communicate in visual form;
- Apply lateral thinking and problem solving techniques;
- Apply practical knowledge to practical problems;
- Have developed further creative self assurance.