|Fees||Look up fees|
A study of animation applied to factual material including short films, on-line, and animated segments within live-action films. Students work in groups to undertake gathering of factual material to create an animated response. This subject includes an embedded program in academic literacy skills of analysis, discussion, essay writing, research and information retrieval.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students should be able to:-
• devise creative and engaging means to include factual content in animation;
• demonstrate practical filmmaking skills including the use of documentary techniques for originating and enriching the content of animated films;
• apply production techniques to express screen-based ideas;
• demonstrate development in their creativity and technical skills through production; apply research and planning skills to group and individual projects.
On completing this subject students will be able to:-
• communicate in visual form;
• plan and organise their work in an efficient and timely manner;
• lead a team and work collaboratively;
• apply practical knowledge to practical problems;
• be able to undertake independent academic research using considered academic writing and analysis skills
Last updated: 29 October 2019