|Fees||Look up fees|
Students will be introduced to the imperatives and practices of writing for longer form television series.
Students will be made familiar with contemporary TV program development practices and gain an understanding of essential development documents such as the TV series ‘Bible’.
Students will also gain insight into the nature of television as a collaborative writing medium as well as an understanding of the current television landscape. Students will read, analyse and discuss television scripts and attend screenings of TV programs.
Students will chose and research a topic of interest for their creative work and present their work to the class.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject will enable students to:
- develop skills in writing short development documents for television;
- develop an understand of working collaboratively as a writer;
- gain an understanding of contemporary television development processes;
- be introduced to the contemporary television writing landscape;
- develop skills that will enable the student to research, write and present a paper on a topic of their choice.
On completing this subject students will have:
• strong technical and creative writing skills;
• ability to select and work through a topic;
• ability to work collaboratively as part of creative team.
Last updated: 6 December 2019