|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework Level 7|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Students are expected to write a complete first draft long-form script project, most likely a feature film script or equivalent length television script(s) plus ‘Bible’. Students will take part in regular small group tutorials where work in progress will be discussed/presented and feedback given by the tutor and peers. Written and verbal feedback on first draft will be given at end of the semester before proceeding to further drafts. Students will also attend complementary craft and industry based classes/workshops.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject will enable students to:
• become a better screenwriter;
• write a complete first draft of a long form script project;
• gain further practice in and understanding of script analysis and feedback;
• apply learned knowledge of researching, screenwriting and storytelling craft skills to writing a creative project;
• develop further understanding of key screenwriting principles.
On completing this subject students will:
• demonstrate advanced knowledge for areas of writing in general;
• develop researching skills that enable creative works;
• increase research skills in both formal and informal systems.