|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject introduces issues impacting the emergence of Asian capital markets and their integration with global markets. The subject analyses governance and structural issues affecting the development of bond, equity, foreign exchange and derivatives markets. The subject also identifies alternative sources of capital available to corporate entities and discusses issues confronted by fund managers investing in the region or in individual countries.
Intended learning outcomes
- Discuss Asian capital markets, capital flows, global financial market integration and linkages to economic development.
- Analyse governance and structural issues relevant to the development of Asian capital markets such as debt, equity, foreign exchange and derivative markets.
- Identify, through the use of case studies, problems confronted by individual corporate entities in sourcing alternative forms of capital and optimising capital structure.
- Identify, through the use of case studies, problems confronted by fund managers involved in investing in the region or in individual countries.
- Discuss some individual country markets.
High level of development: written communication; interpretation and analysis; synthesis of data and other information; accessing data and other information from a range of source.
Moderate level of development: collaborative learning; team work; application of theory to practice; critical thinking.
Some level of development: oral communication; problem solving; statistical reasoning; evaluation of data and other information; use of computer software.
Last updated: 6 December 2019