|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Undergraduate Level 3|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Infographics Studio introduces students to infographics through basic analogue techniques, high resolution digital technologies and current software programs, with a particular emphasis on the needs of graphic designers today. The subject comprises lectures and project work exploring how complex information (data) can be transformed into elegant, simple and inventive graphic solutions. The subject also introduces artists and art movements significant to historical and contemporary visualisation. Students investigate print, animated infographics and navigational/signage systems (including architectural/environmental signage), exploring ways to make the potentially arid stimulating, dynamic and persuasive.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Use a range of infographic methods and techniques for the purpose of design activity in a studio setting;
- Demonstrate high-level representational and compositional skills, with the ability to generate and present ideas in digital, analogue and other formats;
- Engage with and contribute to studio culture;
- Demonstrate awareness of the environmental impacts of infographics;
- Identify and incorporate, within the context of a brief, design elements that address current issues facing local and global communities.