|Fees||Look up fees|
Research on a selected topic to be approved by the Head of the German section, in consultation with the thesis supervisor.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should:
- have understood and applied the relevant research methods in their chosen field of German studies;
- have achieved the level of linguistic and methodological competency required for postgraduate studies in German; and
- have demonstrated their ability to do guided research at Honours level.
At the completion of this subject, students should:
- demonstrate research skills through competent use of the library and other information sources;
- show critical thinking and analysis through recommended reading, essay writing and tutorial discussion, and by determining the strength of an argument; and
- demonstrate understanding of social, ethical and cultural context through the contextualisation of judgements, developing a critical self-awareness, being open to new ideas and possibilities and by constructing an argument.
Last updated: 29 October 2019