|Fees||Look up fees|
An original research project will be designed under academic supervision. Preparation for this subject begins in Semester 1 when students undertake Healthcare Research: Principles and Designs. Students will be encouraged to work with a research supervisor to develop an original research project and submit any necessary Human Research Ethics applications. Topics may reflect their own interests or relate to current research at clinical genetics or other health services.
This subject will be conducted as a mix of face-to-face and online seminars, meetings with research supervisors and attendance at relevant upskilling resources offered by the University of Melbourne.
Intended learning outcomes
- Develop a sound proposal/plan for a research project
- Produce a written review of relevant medical literature
- Develop an ethics application suitable for submission to a Human Research Ethics application (HREC)
- Capability of demonstrating the ethical framework of a research project
- Ability to frame written work arguments, not merely summaries
- Development of persuasive writing skills
Last updated: 9 November 2019