|Year of offer||2019|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
An approved thesis topic selected in consultation with the fourth-year coordinator. The thesis is taken across two consecutive semesters, and is the result of the student’s own independent research.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who successfully complete this subject will be able to:
- demonstrate an ability to undertake independent research;
- demonstrate specialist understanding of the subject being studied;
- demonstrate advanced skills of analysis pertinent to the subject; and
- demonstrate a detailed sense of the theoretical debates in the subject area.
Students who successfully complete this subject will:
- develop skills necessary for postgraduate research;
- be able to conceptualise and plan a substantial project of original research;
- be able to present material in draft form and engage in constructive discussion with the supervisor;
- be able to synthesise critical arguments and debates and engage with ongoing debates in the field;
- be able to enhance drafting and writing skills, in both a critical and creative manner; and
- be able to manage time and study resources over a sustained period of time.