You’re currently viewing the 2019 version of this subject
- An individual essay (1500 words requiring 30-39 hours work) due at the end of the 1st half of semester. A choice of topics for the essay will be provided, with the overall goal being for the student to demonstrate an in depth understanding of their selected theme. The essay addresses ILOs 1 to 5. The essay is worth 25% of the overall assessment.
- A group essay (Groups of 5, 3000 words requiring 20-26 hours work per student) due at the end of semester. Groups will propose an innovation, describe its nature (product, process, or business model) and propose a start-up to develop the innovation. The group will outline the roles of each member in the start-up, how they intend to fund it in the initial stages and how they will market test their innovation. The essay addresses ILOs 1 to 5. The essay is worth 20% of the overall assessment. Groups will be asked to deliver a 10-minute presentation of their work to their colleagues (5%), with each group member required to present.
- A two-hour written exam covering the main topics in the subject, and addresses ILOs 1 to 4. The exam is worth 50% of assessment.
To pass the subject, students must obtain:
- at least 50% of the marks available in the non-examination based assessment
- and at least 50% of the marks available in the examination.
Last updated: 18 December 2020