|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject examines the law governing the registration, regulation and termination of corporations in Australia. It will explore a range of theoretical and practical issues concerning the corporation and its participants, with a particular emphasis on corporate law in practice.
Principal topics will include:
- Introduction to the historical, theoretical, legal and constitutional basis of corporations and corporations legislation
- The corporate constitution
- Financing the corporation
- Directors’ and officers’ duties
- Shareholders’ remedies
- Aspects of corporate insolvency.
Intended learning outcomes
A student who has successfully completed this subject should:
- Have a broad knowledge of relevant aspects of Australian corporate law
- Understand contemporary issues in corporate regulation
- Be able to analyse practical corporate law problems and apply principles of corporate law to them
- Understand the theoretical framework for the regulation of companies.
Last updated: 6 December 2019