|Fees||Look up fees|
This capstone project will provide the culmination of the Master of Data Science degree. It will apply the skills developed during the degree to a practical problem of relevance to science, industry, commerce or society in general. Students may work in teams or individually under only general guidance from staff members. Students will complete diaries to log their work on the project so that the extent of their contribution to group projects can be determined. In the first part of the project students will complete a literature review and a plan for their project.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject aims to provide students with:
- The ability to apply contemporary data science techniques to a practical problem.
- The ability to project manage as part of a team in order to design the program of work, complete the analysis of project results and compile the project report
- The ability to present results at a career-ready level
In addition to learning specific skills that will assist students in their future careers in data science, they should progressively acquire generic skills from this subject that will assist them in any future career path. These include:
- problem-solving skills: the ability to engage with unfamiliar problems and identify relevant solution strategies;
- analytical skills: the ability to construct and express logical arguments and to work in abstract or general terms to increase the clarity and efficiency of analysis;
- collaborative skills: the ability to work in a team;
- time management skills: the ability to meet regular deadlines while balancing competing commitments.
- the ability to work in a team environment.
Last updated: 6 December 2019