|Fees||Look up fees|
In this subject, students undertake a substantial research program in the area of Data Science. The research will be conducted under the supervision of a member of the School of Mathematics and Statistics or the Computing and Information Systems academic staff. The results will be reported in the form of a thesis and an oral presentation.
Intended learning outcomes
After completing this subject students should have:
- discovered the challenge of research in Data Science;
- a deeper knowledge of in Data Science;
- completed a substantial piece of research; and
- a sound preparation for future research in Data Science.
Upon completion of this subject, students should gain the following generic skills:
- problem-solving skills including the ability to engage with unfamiliar problems, identify relevant solution strategies and conduct research;
- analytical skills through the ability to construct and express logical arguments and to work in abstract or general terms to increase the clarity and efficiency of analysis;
- presentation skills, both written and oral; and
- time management skills: the ability to meet regular deadlines while balancing competing commitments.
Last updated: 6 December 2019