|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject provides the concepts and skills of leadership and management, including the perspective of the CEO and business unit manager, and introductions to the major topics of strategic leadership, business/organizational behaviour and strategy and competitive and effective performance outcomes.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who successfully complete this subject should:
- Understand what leaders and managers do to drive their organizations forward.
- Be able to lead and manage issues and challenges within organizations.
- Develop an holistic view of organizational issues from multiple perspectives.
- Be able to make decisions that take into account the various utility functions of different stakeholders in organizational settings.
- Effectively practice leadership.
On successful completion of this subject students should have enhanced their skills in:
- Ethical behaviour in leadership and organisations
- Analysis and problem solving
- Capacity for intellectual curiosity, creativity and independent thought
- Communication of key ideas and theories within the discipline areas
- Capacity for effective teamwork and collaboration
- Information retrieval and application in relation to practical problems.
Last updated: 6 December 2019