|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject is designed to provide a strong foundation in marketing techniques for startup businesses by reconciling the practical and theoretical concepts of building new brands. This will involve an examination and understanding of various topics including: idea generation, market analysis, customer alignment, and maximum impact branding techniques. The emphasis of this course will be on the application of marketing paradigms to increase entrepreneurial success, with a particularly strong emphasis on brand building.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject a student should be able to:
- Critically evaluate the viability of new market entry;
- Analyse marketing theory and frameworks in formulating a start-up strategy;
- Analyse marketing related issues unique to start-ups and small business; and
- Construct a campaign plan for new marketing ventures.
On successful completion of this subject, students should have improved the following generic skills:
- Critical thinking;
- Synthesis of market data;
- Evaluation of data and other information;
- Receptiveness to alternative ideas;
- Oral communication; written communication;
- Collaborative learning; problem solving; and
- Team work; application of theory to practice; accessing data and other information from a range of sources.
Last updated: 29 October 2019