|Fees||Look up fees|
In Voice Skills 5 the focus is on readiness to transition to professional practice. Individual lessons will focus on the preparation of an appropriate and diverse ‘book’ of repertoire tailored to the individual student, whilst continuing to develop and extend their artistry, individuality and technique. Spoken Voice classes will continue to combine development of a free and flexible spoken voice, its connection with character and text, connectivity to sung voice and competency in dialects commonly used in music theatre performance. As with all year 3 subjects, a high level of preparation and autonomy is expected, with students exhibiting strong organisational skills and confident application of technical and artistic principles in self-directed work.
Intended learning outcomes
- Develop suitable individually-tailored repertoire for auditions to a professional standard.
- Develop understanding and skills in spoken voice technique for performance
- Develop proficiency in dialect work where applicable to performance practice.
Upon completion of this subject, students will be able to:
• Understand the scope, diversity and balance of repertoire required for their audition ‘book’ of song materials.
• Perform suitable individually-tailored repertoire for auditions to a professional standard.
• Demonstrate professional proficiency in spoken voice technique for performance
• Demonstrate professional proficiency in dialect work where applicable to performance practice.
Last updated: 6 December 2019