|Year of offer||2019|
|Subject level||Graduate coursework|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject will assist students to expand and deepen their knowledge in the area of pathophysiology related to cancer and other conditions that alter skin, the nervous system, cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, endocrine, musculo-skeletal, genitourinary and reproductive systems by exploring complex diseases which have multi system involvement. The complications of polypharmacy will be explored.
Intended learning outcomes
At the completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- discuss the pathophysiology of complex diseases of the skin, the nervous system, including special senses, cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, endocrine, musculo-skeletal, genitourinary and reproductive systems;
- discuss the potential drug interactions for groups of medications commonly used in patients with these conditions;
- demonstrate knowledge using appropriate scientific language.
At the completion of this subject, students should be able to demonstrate:
- the capacity for information seeking, retrieval and evaluation;
- critical thinking and analytical skills;
- an openness to new ideas;
- planning and time management skills;
- the ability to communicate knowledge through classroom and web.