|Year of offer||2019|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
This subject provides students with the opportunity to design and conduct, under supervision, an independent biomedical research project. Specific research projects will depend on the availability of appropriate supervisors and resources. This subject should enable students to develop a line of research though hypothesis testing, experimental design and practical experimentation. Students will take responsibility for statistical analysis, data interpretation and dissemination of the research findings via podium and written presentations. This subject is designed to complement the accompanying coursework subject PAED40002.
Intended learning outcomes
The objectives of this subject are to:
- Provide a practical introduction to biomedical research
- Provide practical experience in research skills including hypothesis testing, experimental design and experimentation
- Develop a high standard of verbal and written communication skills.
- Encourage the development of independent thinking and critical analysis of the scientific literature
At the completion of this subject students should have:
- an in-depth knowledge of their research subject
- competent experimental skills in a particular research area
- reached a high level of skill in academic writing and research dissemination
- reached a high level of skill in verbal communication
- the ability to demonstrate independent critical thinking and analysis