|Year of offer||2019|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
Research into Russian language or culture on a selected topic approved by the head of Russian in coordination with the thesis supervisor.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should:
- have understood and applied the relevant research methods in their chosen field of Russian studies;
- have achieved the level of linguistic and methodological competency required for postgraduate studies in Russian; and
- have demonstrated their ability to do guided research at Honours level.
At the completion of this subject, students should:
- be able to demonstrate research skills through competent use of the library and other information sources;
- be able to show critical thinking and analysis through recommended reading, essay writing and tutorial discussion, and by determining the strength of an argument; and
- be able to demonstrate understanding of social, ethical and cultural context through the contextualisation of judgements, developing a critical self-awareness, being open to new ideas and possibilities and by constructing an argument.
Last updated: 9 November 2018