|Year of offer||2019|
|Fees||Subject EFTSL, Level, Discipline & Census Date|
A research topic selected in consultation with the allocated supervisor. Enrolment in the thesis is across two consecutive semesters and students must enrol in the subject in each semester to ensure they are meeting the full 37.5 point requirement for the year-long subject.
Please note this thesis subject is currently being phased out and is only available to students who commenced their postgraduate diploma program prior to 2013. Students wishing to enrol in the postgraduate diploma from 2013 will need to enrol in a 50 point thesis subject as per the course requirements for PD-Arts.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who complete this subject will:
- develop and complete a significant research project which is written up and presented as a 12 000 word dissertation;
- develop skills in scholarly investigation and critical analysis appropriate to screen studies; and
- enhance research capacity and to improve writing skills under supervision.
Students who successfully complete this subject will:
- be able to conceptualise and plan a substantial project of original research;
- present material in draft form and engage productively with a supervisor;
- synthesise critical arguments and debates;
- enhance writing skills in both a critical and creative manner;
- manage time and study resources over two consecutive semesters;
- possess advanced skills of critical thinking and analysis;
- possess an ability to communicate knowledge intelligibly, economically and effectively; and
- have an understanding of social, ethical and cultural context.