|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject provides students with a veterinary industry based work experience placement. Students will develop an appreciation of the challenges and opportunities within veterinary industries, and the role of the veterinary profession within them in ensuring the health and wellbeing of animals. They will develop the generic professional skills required for work readiness within the veterinary industry, including communication, team work, and networking.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject aims to develop professional skills of relevance to the veterinary industries. Students will develop a sound understanding of the role of the veterinarian in these industries and the ability to critically examine the key drivers in these industries, including their impact on animal health and welfare.
Students completing this subject will:
- Be able to seek solutions to problems through the application of knowledge, the ability to initiate and integrate new ideas, an appreciation of the broad picture of science, and an understanding of the importance and application of scientific method
- Deal with integrity and honesty with professional colleagues, clients and the general public
- Demonstrate empathy and concern for animals and people
- Possess an understanding of both scientific and vocational aspects of veterinary science
- Be motivated to be a veterinarian, aware of the veterinarian’s place in society, and prepared to be a leader in the community
- Have broad knowledge of veterinary science and be able to develop intellectual and physical skills as circumstances dictate
- Be adaptable to changes in their specific field of employment and to advancements in veterinary science in general
- Be aware of the global society and equipped to contribute to it
Last updated: 29 October 2019