Semester 1 - Online
Semester 2 - Online
|Fees||Look up fees|
To enrol in this subject, you must be admitted in the Graduate Certificate in Small Animal Ultrasound - Abdominal. This subject is not available for students admitted in any other courses.
This subject will focus on the gastrointestinal tract, pancreas and adrenal glands:
Each topic will be covered in separate tutorials. The tutorials will be of a didactic nature with multiple still and video images to complement the text. Students will be required to obtain images from their clinical cases and reflect on these cases and images as part of the subject
In this subject the anatomy and normal sonographic anatomy for each topic will be described and reviewed. For each topic this will be followed by the sonographic features of, the description and interpretation of diseases processes of the gastrointestinal tract and pancreas. The adrenal glands: Ultrasound evaluation of the adrenal glands including gross and sonographic anatomy with a discussion of the significance of the abnormal findings will be covered in this subject.
Each tutorial will be supplemented by self-assessment multiple choice questions that students must work through to reinforce and reiterate the learning points.
Intended learning outcomes
At the completion of the subject, students should be able to;
- Describe the normal sonographic findings of the gastrointestinal tract and pancreas
- Assess the gastrointestinal tract and pancreas for sonographic abnormalities
- Interpret the sonographic findings of examination of the gastrointestinal or pancreas
- Describe the normal sonographic findings of the adrenal glands
- Assess the adrenal glands for sonographic abnormalities
- Interpret the sonographic findings of examination of the adrenal glands, of the reproductive tract and lymphatic system
- Discuss the significance of abnormal sonographic findings of the adrenal glands
Successful candidate will develop skills in problem solving, analysis and written and verbal communication.
Last updated: 6 December 2019