Develop your capacity to create engaging school communities that promote the wellbeing of all students and contribute to their academic and personal success.
Working in an education setting, you know how closely your students’ learning is linked to their social and emotional wellbeing and shaped by the school environment. Through this specialisation, you will gain the knowledge and skills to respond to student wellbeing issues at the individual, school and system levels, and also undertake a negotiated project in the area of student wellbeing.
Internationally recognised lecturers
We're home to a number of internationally recognised education experts, and at the cutting edge of teaching and research.
Please note: this specialisation is available within the Master of Education, and is not a separate course. The regular Master of Education CRICOS code applies.
Intended learning outcomes
- Be skilled communicators who can effectively articulate and evaluate their practice in relation to theory and research;
- Appraise and apply current research and theories in the area of student wellbeing;
- Conceptualise ways to analyse and construct wellbeing practices in schools;
- Appraise the capacity of schools to effectively work with the wider community and to recommend strategies to improve cross-sectoral collaboration;
- Evaluate the school context to effectively lead change in school wellbeing practices.
Last updated: 25 April 2020