About this course
All physiotherapy students are required to obtain the following (prices quoted are approximate):
- Clinical uniform (polo shirt) - ~$45.00 per shirt
- Stethoscope ~ $110.00
- Name badge ~$15
The Melbourne University Physiotherapy Polo Shirt is to be worn during the majority of clinical placements and is purchased through the Department of Physiotherapy. Students will need to provide their own uniform pants and shoes. Pants are to be dark navy dress pants and shoes are required to be black, waterproof and provide full toe coverage (no sandals/open-toe shoes/heels).
- Students undertake ~ 37 weeks of clinical placement in a variety of settings
- Some clinical placements may incur costs for travel and accommodation, which are the student’s responsibility
All students undertaking a placement in a hospital, clinic or other health or community environment are annually required to satisfy a number of requirements, including:
- undergoing a recent National Police Record Check
- holding a valid Working with Children Check for the relevant state/territory, and
- being satisfactorily protected against infectious disease transmission.
Please refer to the Student Placements webpage for detailed information regarding compliance requirements.
Last updated: 18 December 2020