|Fees||Look up fees|
The focus of this studio is on the development or redevelopment of a precinct-scale site. Students will undertake site investigations and prepare analysis that will lead into developing a vision for the precinct and a related urban design and planning framework. The future imagining of the precinct will be completed with the preparation of concept designs of the precinct. This studio will have an emphasis on relating the fields of urban design and urban planning. Studios and presentations are carried out in an environment that simulates real-life projects with an emphasis on group collaboration and presentation/communication skills.
Intended learning outcomes
For students to be able to:
- demonstrate an ability to interrogate a brief;
- develop and demonstrate an ability to graphically communicate information through a variety of media;
- develop the ability to make a case for precinct proposals;
- demonstrate their understanding of theories of precinct-scale design and planning;
- demonstrate innovation and future-focused ideas in how to address challenges, enhance features and plan for change at a precinct-scale
- Both verbal and graphic communication skills for urban design and planning.
- Generation of design ideas.
- Appropriate use of design terminology
- Time management and meeting deadlines.
- Working in a team.
- Relation of presentations to designs.
- Data collection and interpretation
Last updated: 2 December 2019