|Fees||Look up fees|
Original research on an approved research project selected in consultation with the supervisor. The research project will be in the field of arts and cultural management as applied to a single art form or cross-art form projects such as festivals, multimedia projects or international exchange in the arts. A minimum of 50% of the student's research project must involve theoretical study. The theoretical study will provide a framework for any practical research undertaken. Enrolment in this subject is across two consecutive semesters and students must enrol in the subject in each semester to ensure they are meeting the full 25 point requirement for the year-long subject.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- evaluate the current state of research in their selected field of study;
- identify and define a research issue;
- select and apply the appropriate methodology for collection and analysis of information in their chosen field; and
- select an appropriate form for the dissemination of their research findings.
At the completion of this subject, students should gain the following generic skills:
- further developed their research skills;
- developed their ability to think and argue critically and to express their ideas in written communication; and
- developed skills in oral presentation.
Last updated: 29 April 2020