|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject expands upon the exploration of the building blocks of performance creation with a focus on developing and realizing small-scale collaborative projects. Practical studio-based workshops provide further interaction with other disciplines to develop communication and collaborative abilities and a familiarity with other approaches to the processes of artistic composition.
Students form interdisciplinary creative teams (choreography, performance, animation, interactive composition, dramaturgy, design, film) will conceive and develop small-scale collaborative projects for a range of contexts. Students are mentored through the development and realisation of the project.
Intended learning outcomes
- understand the processes, structures and resources required to plan and implement small scale collaborative projects;
- understand how to develop and apply various strategies in choreographing, performing, directing, designing, filming, developing sound, to create a small collaborative project;
- be able to articulate ideas around new works in a presentation, storyboard or in written form;
- be able to plan and implement a development process and coordinate the creation and realization of artistic materials;
- to be able to demonstrate effective and appropriate time and people management skills to enable timely completion;
- have the capacity to collaborate with others to realise a presentation concept;
- have the capacity to work with creative integrity and flexibility in working within different artistic forms;
- have the ability to reflect upon and identify personal learning and achievement of objectives in written form via analysis of the process, tasks and stages of a process.
On completing this subject students will have:
- the ability to interpret, analyse and evaluate information
- the capacity to think critically
- the ability to exercise imaginative and transformative processes
- the capacity to solve problems
- the ability to apply theory to practice
- the capacity for kinaesthetic awareness;
- the capacity to develop a work methodology;
Last updated: 28 April 2020