Semester 2 (Early-Start)
|Fees||Look up fees|
In Narrative Projects 2B, each student will assume responsibility for writing and directing his or her own major production. This narrative project will be completed creatively and technically to a professional level. Students will crew on other student productions depending on their strand of study. Students may elect to shoot components of their major production on or off campus depending on the locations required. Students are also expected, when crewing on fellow student’ productions, to work on or off campus.
Intended learning outcomes
This subject will enable students to demonstrate advanced narrative skills through:
- writing and directing an innovative short narrative motion picture program at a high professional standard;
- applying practical filmmaking skills including the direction of actors and the use of cinematography, sound recording, editing and other principles of filmmaking;
- applying production techniques to express screen-based ideas;
- leading and participating in a collaborative team at an advanced level.
On completing this subject students will:
• demonstrate advanced creative and technical skills in area of narrative for film and television;
• confidently manage competing demands on time including self-directed production work;
• communicate at an advanced level in oral and written form and through screen production, for a wide variety of audience;
• exhibit a developed knowledge of the film, television and allied industries;
• exhibit a developed set of flexible and transferable skills for different types of employment.
Last updated: 2 December 2019