|Fees||Look up fees|
Topics to be covered include:
- reconstruction of the geological architecture and the geological history of southeast Victoria;
- field identification of geological relationships between rock units, including the nature of volcanic eruptions;
- examination of the Ordovician shale, Permian tillite, Cretaceous and sandstone and Tertiary limestone-deposits; characterisation of the age and environment of these units;
- introduction to the techniques that are used to evaluate the geomorphic evolution and neotectonics of southeast Australia.
Intended learning outcomes
At the end of this subject, students should have the skills to:
- identify, describe and evaluate simple geological histories in the field; and
- read and construct geological cross sections.
Last updated: 10 December 2019