|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject looks at the impact of a rising China in the globalised world. It examines contemporary China's relations with various powers, regions and global institutions, particularly in the context of its phenomenal rise in the last four decades. The subject also explores key issues related to China's rise: state-society relations, economic development, participation in regional and global institutions, disputes and conflict resolution etc.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who successfully complete this subject should:
- develop an understanding of China’s 'rise' in the globalised world;
- develop an understanding of China's economic, social, political and cultural interactions with the rest of the world;
- develop a critical understanding of contemporary key issues and challenges associated to a rising China; and
- demonstrate research skills through competent use of the library and other information sources.
Students who successfully complete this subject should be able to:
- show critical thinking and analysis through recommended reading, essay writing and classroom discussion; and
- demonstrate understanding of social, ethical and cultural contexts of knowledge
Last updated: 2 December 2019