|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject is aimed at students undertaking graduate research programs. The overall aim is to provide the students an opportunity to broaden and deepen their understanding of core theoretical concepts within their discipline. This subject consists of a set program of weekly seminars on topics from the discipline within which candidate’s thesis is undertaken or an approved reading course under the direction of academic member (s) of staff within the department.
Intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Explain the key issues associated with the special topic; and
- Analyse the relationship of the special topic to broader management/marketing principles.
- Problem solving skills, which should be enhanced through the study of research design and research methods;
- Writing skills appropriate for the preparation of academic articles and research reports in Management and Marketing, including the doctoral thesis; and
- Analytical skills, which should be developed through the evaluation of quantitative and qualitative empirical research literature.
Last updated: 2 December 2019