|Fees||Look up fees|
This subject develops students' knowledge of fundamental market and business research concepts. It addresses the purpose, procedures and applications of market business research; helps view market and business research from a 'users' and 'doers' perspective; and aims to improve the managerial value of such research for strategic decision making. Specific topics include the formulation of the research problem; research design; data collection instruments; data collection procedures; statistical data analysis tools including multiple regression analysis; and the interpretation and use of research results.
Intended learning outcomes
MKTG20004 Market and Business Research is designed for future marketing managers and researchers. It aims to help students develop skills to address management problems using analytical tools.
On the successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Analyse the role of market and business research in marketing decision making;
- Learn the marketing research process and apply in marketing research projects;
- Perform essential qualitative and quantitative techniques and methods to analyze market and business research data;
- Interpret the implications of market and business research on business development;
- Apply market and business research principles by conducting an in-depth market research project for a real management problem.
On the successful completion of MKTG20004 Market and Business Research, students should have improved the following generic skills:
- Problem solving, such as translating a management problem into a research question;
- Written communications;
- Statistical analysis skills;
- Collaborative learning and team work;
- Assessing research materials from a range of sources.
Last updated: 15 May 2020