|Fees||Look up fees|
A minor thesis based on original research, on a topic to be approved by the course coordinator. Upon submission the thesis will be marked by two external markers.
Intended learning outcomes
Students who successfully complete this project will have
- have gained experience in the production of a sustained piece of philosophical writing;
- made a contribution towards the solution of the selected question;
- completed a minor thesis based on original research and revealing an awareness of current theoretical directions in their chosen field.
Students who successfully complete this project will:
- improve research skills.
- refine skills in assessing the strength of arguments, identifying theoretical assumptions, and assessing conflicting arguments.
- acquire the ability to develop and defend one's own position with respect to complex theoretical issues through sustained argument.
Last updated: 2 December 2019